Are you are studying for United States Medical Licensing Examination ® (USMLE) Step 1? We have asked students who did well on their USMLE Step 1 exam and came up with a list of the Best Books for the USMLE Step 1 Exam.
FIRST AID FOR THE USMLE STEP 1 – THE 27th EDITION OF THE WORLD’S MOST POPULAR MEDICAL REVIEW BOOK!
THE “BIBLE” FOR USMLE STEP 1 PREP―AND THE ULTIMATE TOOL FOR ORGANIZING YOUR STUDY!
– 1,200+ high-yield facts based on student reporting from the last exam
– Test-taking advice with focus on high-efficiency studying
– Updated in all subject areas based on feedback from thousands of students
– Extensive faculty review process with nationally known USMLE instructors
– 1,000+ color photos and diagrams help you visualize high-yield concepts
– Expanded guide to top-rated study resources, including mobile apps
– Free real-time updates and corrections at www.firstaidteam.com
First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1, Third Edition (First Aid USMLE)
1,000 questions and answers prepare you for the USMLE Step 1!
– 1000 board-style questions and answers — reviewed and approved — by students who just aced the exam
– Detailed explanations for both right and wrong answers – with letter options in boldface for at-a-glance review
– Chapters keyed to Dr. Le’s First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 so you can simultaneously review questions and high-yield facts
– 130+ high-yield images, diagrams, and tables
– One complete practice exam consisting of 7 blocks of 50 questions simulates the exam experience
First Aid Cases for the USMLE Step 1, Third Edition (First Aid USMLE)
The essential case companion to First Aid for the® USMLE Step 1
First Aid™ Cases for the USMLE Step 1 features 400 well-illustrated cases to help you relate basic science concepts to clinical situations. Each case includes drawings or clinical images with Q&As that reinforce key concepts. Chapters are keyed to Tao Le’s First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 allowing you to simultaneously study cases and high-yield facts.
Content that spans the entire exam:
General Principles, Behavioral Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Chapter 4. Pharmacology, Organ Systems, Cardiovascular System, Endocrine System, Gastrointestinal System, Hematology and Oncology, Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue, Neurology and Psychiatry, Renal System, Reproductive System, Respiratory System.
Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9e (Robbins Pathology)
Dependable, current, and complete, Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition is the perennially best-selling text that you’ll use long after your medical student days are behind you. High-quality photographs and full-color illustrations highlight new information in molecular biology, disease classifications, new drugs and drug therapies, and much more.
– Rely on uniquely authoritative and readable coverage, ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation, as well as for course work.
– Simplify your study with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
– Stay up to date with the latest information in molecular and genetic testing and mechanisms of disease.
– Consult new Targeted Therapy boxes online that discuss drug therapy for specific diseases
– Gain a new perspective in key areas thanks to contributions from new authors at the top of their fields.
– Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. Further your understanding with access to a wealth of interactive ancillaries on the Student Consult site, including pathology case studies and videos and self-assessment questions.
Rapid Review Pathology: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 4e
Get the most from your study time…and experience a realistic USMLE simulation! Rapid Review Pathology, by Edward F. Goljan, MD, makes it easy for you to master all of the pathology material covered on the USMLE Step 1. It combines an updated outline-format review of key concepts and hundreds of full-color images and margin notes, PLUS more than 400 USMLE-style online questions!Get all the practice you need to succeed on the USMLE!
– Review all the information you need to know quickly and easily with a user-friendly, two-color outline format that includes High-Yield Margin Notes and Key Points.
– Practice for the USMLE with the included access to online USMLE sample questions and full rationales.
– Profit from the guidance of Dr. Edward Goljan, a well-known author of medical review books, who reviewed and edited every question.
– Visualize key pathologic concepts and conditions with over 1,000 full-color images, completely reviewed and updated for this new edition.
– Take a timed or practice USMLE™ test, access rationales for why each answer is right or wrong, and link to other Rapid Review books you have purchased online atwww.StudentConsult.com.
A brief, clear, thorough, and highly enjoyable approach to clinical microbiology, brimming with mnemonics, humor, summary charts and illustrations, from Ebola to AIDS to flesh-eating bacteria to mad cow disease, hantavirus, anthrax, smallpox, botulism, etc. Significant updates. Excellent Board review. The 6th edition adds updates to Clostridium difficile diagnosis and treatment; treatment of gonorrhea in light of growing antimicrobial resistance; Tuberculosis diagnostics, new drugs for treatment of latent TB infection and MDR TB; the latest antibiotics; update on pandemic flu, including H7N9; report on the recently discovered SARS-like coronavirus; the latest hepatitis C treatment options; the latest HIV diagnostics and recently approved HIV meds; and emerging drug resistant bacteria.
High-Yield(TM) Neuroanatomy (High-Yield Series)
Now in its Fourth Edition, this best-selling book extracts the most important information on neuroanatomy and presents it in a concise, uncluttered fashion to prepare students for course exams and the USMLE. Highlights of this edition include a brief glossary of key neuroanatomical structures and disease states; addition of an icon to more clearly identify the Clinical Correlations sections; an appendicized table of common neurological lesions; expanded figure legends that identify clinically relevant anatomical relationships; an improved, expanded index; and modified text and figure legends to comply with Terminologia Anatomica.
A companion Website will offer bonus USMLE-style questions.
Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Pharmacology 6th edition (Lippincott Illustrated Reviews Series)
Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Pharmacology, Sixth Edition, is the updated, enhanced version of the student-favorite resource for essentials of medical pharmacology. The first-and-best resource, the Lippincott Illustrated Reviews series features clear, effective writing and hundreds of illustrations for ideal rapid review and the assimilation of complex information. Clear, sequential images present mechanisms of action and focus on showing rather than telling students how drugs work. New edition features:
– All NEW chapters on Drugs of Abuse, Drugs for Obesity, Antihistamines, Drugs for Urologic Disorders, Drugs for Hematopoietic Disorders, Drugs for Dermatological Disorders, and Drugs for Bone Disorders
– Over 380 study questions!
– Nearly 600 annotated, full-color illustrations visually explain complex processes!
– Outline format ideal for concise review and foundational learning
BRS Physiology (Board Review Series) Sixth Edition
This bestselling book provides over 350 USMLE-style questions with complete answers and explanations, chapter-ending exams and a comprehensive USMLE-format examination at the end of the book, and is enhanced by full-color illustrations and tables.
– Maximize study time with the Board Review Series quick scan outline format.
– Prepare for the Boards with more than 350 USMLE-style questions and answers.
– Master core topics tested on the USMLE Step 1 exam with focused coverage of Key Physiology Topics and Key Physiology Equations.
– See the connection between physiology and clinical medicine through clinical correlations.
– Practice for the board examination using the comprehensive end-of-book exam.
– Master key facts and information with the book’s full-color design, flow charts, illustrations, and tables that