Are you are studying for United States Medical Licensing Examination ® (USMLE) Step 2? We have asked students who did well on their USMLE Step 2 exam and came up with a list of the Best Books for the USMLE Step 2 Exam.
Step-Up to Medicine (Step up Series), [4th Edition]:
Step-Up to Medicine is your lifeline for the clinical years of medical school. This book was originally written by third-year medical students searching for the perfect review book—not finding it on the market, they wrote it themselves! Now in its third edition, Step-Up to Medicine boils down the full scope of tested pathology in a single ingenious tool. Each element is tailored for immediate content absorption, and an all-new, full-color interior differentiate elements for even faster, more efficient review. And, Step-Up to Medicine, third edition provides two types of self-assessment—the kinds of questions you will ask yourself as a clinician plus USMLE-style practice questions. This review book gives you just the Step-Up to the medicine clerkship, accompanying shelf exams, and USMLE Step 2 that you need!
Master the Boards USMLE Step 2 CK [3rd Edition]:
With exclusive test-day tips and targeted review from USMLE expert Conrad Fischer, MD, Master the Boards USMLE Step 2 CK gives you the information you need to know to excel on the exam and match into the program you want. Designed to work with Kaplan’s Step 2 High Yield course, Master the Boards USMLE Step 2 CK is the highest-yield full-color review book for the Step 2 Clinical Knowledge exam. If it is not likely to appear on the test, it is not in this book.
Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 (Step-Up Series) [2nd Edition]:
This Step-Up Series volume is a high-yield, systems-based, outline-format review of commonly tested USMLE Step 2 material, including internal medicine subspecialties, required clerkship specialties, and important topics in medical practice. The user-friendly format, with numerous tables, illustrations, and flow charts, allows quick review of a vast body of facts. “Quick Hit” marginalia highlight facts likely to be tested. “Next Step” marginalia indicate what the clinician must do next after making a diagnosis. A full-color section illustrates classic presentations of dermatologic and other disorders. This edition includes additional Quick Hits, mnemonics, new illustrations, expanded coverage of ARDS, a new table on breast malignancy variants, and updated vaccination schedules.
Brochert’s Crush Step 2: The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review [4th Edition]:
Crush Step 2: The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review-the name and reputation speak for themselves! Drs. Theodore X. O’Connell and Mayur Movalia bring a fresh perspective to this trusted classic that offers you the most high-yield coverage of all of the specialty and subspecialty knowledge tested on the most recent administrations of the USMLE Step 2 exam. A well-written, easily accessible approach, with plenty of helpful lists and tables, makes studying stress-free. You’ll also find numerous tips, insights, and guidance on maximizing your score and on getting the most benefit from computer-based simulations. If you know all of the concepts in this book, you should do much better than pass USMLE Step 2: You should CRUSH STEP 2!
First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK, [9th Edition]:
An indispensable high-yield review for the USMLE Step 2 CK!
The eighth edition of First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK is written by medical students who successfully passed the exam and reviewed by top faculty. The result is proven information and strategies that maximize your study time and deliver the results you want!
– Thousands of must-know facts that summarize frequently tested topics
– Completely updated based on feedback from students who passed
– 120+ photographs similar to those on the exam
– Full-color design includes numerous clinical images
– Rapid Review section for last-minute cramming
– Updated ratings of Step 2 CK review resources
First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS, [Fifth Edition]:
The best-selling USMLE Step 2 CS review book–now completely updated to reflect the latest exam format!
– 44 full-length practice cases that simulate the real exam–including pediatric and telephone interviews as well as suggested closing statements for each case
– A revised and expanded set of minicases representing common complaints, designed to help you rapidly develop a set of differential diagnoses
– Updated content based on feedback from recent U.S. and international test takers
– Step-by-step strategies for interacting with standardized patients, including “difficult patients”
– Detailed descriptions of high-yield physical exam maneuvers that will win you points without costing time
– Time management advice to maximize your clinical encounters
– Proven study and exam strategies from students who passed the exam
Master the Boards: Internal Medicine:
Master the Boards: Internal Medicine is the most comprehensive, test-focused guide available to help you succeed on the ABIM exam. Written by USMLE expert Dr. Conrad Fischer, this board-focused review dissects each disease to answer the most common questions on the Internal Medicine Boards:
“What is the most likely diagnosis?”
“What is the best initial test?”
USMLE Step 2 CK QBook (USMLE Prep) [6th Edition]
Comprehensive, focused practice from Kaplan, the test prep experts, that will help you score higher on Step 2 CK of the USMLE!
The USMLE is one of the most important exams a medical student will ever take. Kaplan Medical, the health sciences division of Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions, knows exactly what you need to pass Step 2 CK and will guide you to success on this challenging exam. Kaplan Medical’s USMLE Step 2 CK QBook contains Kaplan-exclusive strategies, practice questions, and thorough review so you are fully prepared on test day.
This comprehensive Qbook features:
– 850 exam-style questions you won’t find anywhere else
– Detailed answer explanations so you know which questions you answered correctly and which sections you need extra practice on
– Access to a sample online Question Bank
– Strategies for acing the computer-based test
– Updated test-taking and strategies guide
– Practice for subject-specific areas: Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Surgery.
Pocket Medicine: The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Internal Medicine, [5th Edition]
It provides key clinical information and solutions to common problems faced in the practice of internal medicine.
Designed to fit in a pocket, this 6-ring looseleaf binder tackles the diagnosis and treatment of the most common disorders in cardiology, pulmonary medicine, gastroenterology, nephrology, hematology-oncology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, rheumatology, and neurology.
Bulleted lists combined with tables and algorithms allow busy clinicians to find the information they need rapidly. A 16-page color insert displays classic normal and abnormal radiographs, CT scans, echocardiograms, peripheral blood smears, and urinalyses seen in the practice of internal medicine.
Completely updated, this highly regarded, best-selling reference is ideal for medical students, interns, residents, and candidates reviewing for internal medicine board exams.