Are you are studying for United States Medical Licensing Examination ® (USMLE) Step 2? We have asked students who did well on their USMLE Step 2 exam and came up with a list of the Best Books for the USMLE Step 2 Exam.
Step-Up to Medicine (Step up Series) [4th Edition]
Step-Up to Medicine is your lifeline for the clinical years of medical school. This book was originally written by third-year medical students searching for the perfect review book—not finding it on the market, they wrote it themselves! Now in its third edition, Step-Up to Medicine boils down the full scope of tested pathology in a single ingenious tool.
Each element is tailored for immediate content absorption, and an all-new, full-color interior differentiate elements for even faster, more efficient review. And, Step-Up to Medicine, third edition provides two types of self-assessment—the kinds of questions you will ask yourself as a clinician plus USMLE-style practice questions. This review book gives you just the Step-Up to the medicine clerkship, accompanying shelf exams, and USMLE Step 2 that you need!
Master the Boards USMLE Step 2 CK [4th Edition]
With exclusive test-day tips and targeted review from USMLE expert Conrad Fischer, MD, Master the Boards USMLE Step 2 CK gives you the information you need to know to excel on the exam and match into the residency program you want. Designed to work with Kaplan’s Step 2 High Yield course, this new edition is the highest yield full-color review book for the Clinical Knowledge exam. If it is not likely to appear on the test, it is not in this book.
* NEW design with hundreds of full-color diagnostic images, algorithms, and tables
* NEW biostatistics chapter
* EXPANDED disease coverage, with dozens of new topics including Zika and Ebola
* Logical, step-by-step approach to patient care
* Guidance on the order in which steps should be taken
* Expert tips for recognizing incorrect answers
* Exam-like questions for every disease
* Each disease topic presented in question format: What is the most likely diagnosis? What is the best initial test? What is the most accurate diagnostic test? What is the treatment?
Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 (Step-Up Series) [4th Edition]
Now thoroughly updated and revised, the Fourth Edition of Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK provides a high-yield, systems-based review – ideal for preparing for the end-of-rotation NBME shelf exam and studying for the USMLE Step 2 CK. Full-color illustrations and “Quick Hits” provide essential information in an efficient, easy-to-remember manner, which makes this ideal for students in medical, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner programs.
Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK, Fourth Edition delivers exactly what you need to know in order to be test-ready and ace key exams.
– Completely revised and updated content reflects the current USMLE exam
– Succinct, outline approach keeps “extra” material to a minimum, focusing on the core content you need to know
– “Quick Hits” in the margins highlight highly testable topics
– Easy-to-remember mnemonics help you “file away” clinical information for handy retrieval at test time
– “Next Steps” margin notes guide you through the workup of a patient with practical tips to success
– Easy-to-follow algorithms show examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints
– Includes must-know information on causes, risk factors, history and physical exam, lab studies and radiology, treatment, and complications for the most common diseases and disorders
– 300 USMLE-style questions, included with the eBook, feature complete explanations to help you gain confidence for the exam.
Crush Step 2: The Ultimate USMLE Step 2 Review-the name and reputation speak for themselves! Drs. Theodore X. O’Connell and Mayur Movalia bring a fresh perspective to this trusted classic that offers you the most high-yield coverage of all of the specialty and subspecialty knowledge tested on the most recent administrations of the USMLE Step 2 exam. A well-written, easily accessible approach, with plenty of helpful lists and tables, makes studying stress-free. You’ll also find numerous tips, insights, and guidance on maximizing your score and on getting the most benefit from computer-based simulations. If you know all of the concepts in this book, you should do much better than pass USMLE Step 2: You should CRUSH STEP 2!
First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK, [9th Edition]
An indispensable high-yield review for the USMLE Step 2 CK!
The eighth edition of First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK is written by medical students who successfully passed the exam and reviewed by top faculty. The result is proven information and strategies that maximize your study time and deliver the results you want!
– Thousands of must-know facts that summarize frequently tested topics
– Completely updated based on feedback from students who passed
– 120+ photographs similar to those on the exam
– Full-color design includes numerous clinical images
– Rapid Review section for last-minute cramming
– Updated ratings of Step 2 CK review resources
First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS, [6th Edition]
The best-selling USMLE Step 2 CS review book–now completely updated to reflect the latest exam format!
– 44 full-length practice cases that simulate the real exam–including pediatric and telephone interviews as well as suggested closing statements for each case
– A revised and expanded set of minicases representing common complaints, designed to help you rapidly develop a set of differential diagnoses
– Updated content based on feedback from recent U.S. and international test takers
– Step-by-step strategies for interacting with standardized patients, including “difficult patients”
– Detailed descriptions of high-yield physical exam maneuvers that will win you points without costing time
– Time management advice to maximize your clinical encounters
– Proven study and exam strategies from students who passed the exam
Master the Boards: Internal Medicine is the most comprehensive, test-focused guide available to help you succeed on the ABIM exam. Written by USMLE expert Dr. Conrad Fischer, this board-focused review dissects each disease to answer the most common questions on the Internal Medicine Boards:
“What is the most likely diagnosis?”
“What is the best initial test?”
“What is the most accurate test?”
“What is the best initial therapy?”
“Which physical finding is most likely in this patient?”
Time-saving outline format includes testable material only.
Diagnostic images and tables make information memorable with visual references.
Exclusive test-day tips highlight frequent questions and incorrect answer choices to avoid.
Sidebars summarize key points for quick review.
Comprehensive, focused practice from Kaplan, the test prep experts, that will help you score higher on Step 2 CK of the USMLE!
The USMLE is one of the most important exams a medical student will ever take. Kaplan Medical, the health sciences division of Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions, knows exactly what you need to pass Step 2 CK and will guide you to success on this challenging exam. Kaplan Medical’s USMLE Step 2 CK QBook contains Kaplan-exclusive strategies, practice questions, and thorough review so you are fully prepared on test day.
This comprehensive Qbook features:
– 850 exam-style questions you won’t find anywhere else
– Detailed answer explanations so you know which questions you answered correctly and which sections you need extra practice on
– Access to a sample online Question Bank
– Strategies for acing the computer-based test
– Updated test-taking and strategies guide
– Practice for subject-specific areas: Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Surgery.
Quick access to key clinical information and solutions to common problems in internal medicine – as close as your pocket! Pocket Medicine, Sixth Edition, is your go-to resource for fast answers to diagnostic questions you’ll face on rounds and exams. Prepared by residents and attending physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital, this portable, best-selling reference tackles the diagnosis and treatment of the most common disorders in cardiology, pulmonary medicine, gastroenterology, nephrology, hematology-oncology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, rheumatology, and neurology. Bulleted lists, tables, and algorithms focus on the information you need in order to make an accurate diagnosis and develop a treatment plan.
– Completely updated throughout to keep you current with what’s new in internal medicine.
– 6-ring looseleaf binder accommodates notes and is small enough to fit in a pocket.
– 16-page color insert displays classic normal and abnormal radiographs, CT scans, echocardiograms, peripheral blood smears, and urinalyses commonly seen in the practice of internal medicine.
– User-friendly tabs and a 2-color design help you find information quickly.
– References to landmark papers help you answer questions from attendings and residents – all from a trusted source acceptable for use on rounds.
– Surgical, OB-GYN, and ophthalmic consult section guides you to ask the right questions and get the best care for your patients.
– Ideal for medical students, interns, residents, advanced practice nurses, PAs, and candidates reviewing for internal medicine board exams.
It provides key clinical information and solutions to common problems faced in the practice of internal medicine.Designed to fit in a pocket, this 6-ring looseleaf binder tackles the diagnosis and treatment of the most common disorders in cardiology, pulmonary medicine, gastroenterology, nephrology, hematology-oncology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, rheumatology, and neurology.
Bulleted lists combined with tables and algorithms allow busy clinicians to find the information they need rapidly. A 16-page color insert displays classic normal and abnormal radiographs, CT scans, echocardiograms, peripheral blood smears, and urinalyses seen in the practice of internal medicine.
Completely updated, this highly regarded, best-selling reference is ideal for medical students, interns, residents, and candidates reviewing for internal medicine board exams.
Maxwell Quick Medical Reference [6th Edition]
A valuable resource for any health professional, the Maxwell Quick Medical Reference packs essential information used in everyday clinical practice. Color-coded pages group the information by topic and make it easily accessible while heavy cardstock paper and plastic spiral binding make the book durable day in and day out. Pocket size allows it to go anywhere – the wards, E.R., O.R., clinic – even the library or lab.
Browse through the online copy at maxwellbooks.com and see what’s included. This inexpensive small text can save you time at work and make you look good in the process!
Progress Note + Medical History and Physical notebook, 50 templates with perforations
– 50 complete Progress Note and H&P templates – Each notebook comes with 1 reference sheet – Designed for doctors, by doctors. Optimized to have all the fields that you need and nothing else.65 complete Progress Note and H&P templates – Each notebook comes with 1 reference sheet – Designed for doctors, by doctors. Optimized to have all the fields that you need and nothing else.
– 2 Page View – Each template consists of 2 pages that are oriented side by side for a convenient 2 page view. (See product images for an example)
– Quality Materials – Hard plastic cover, perforated pages and premium non-spiral wire bound
– Compact – Notebook measures 8.5” x 5.5” and will conveniently fit into the pockets of any white coat or scrub
– SAVE when you Buy in Bulk – Need more than one? Save money when you buy the 2 or 3 pack.