Having trouble remembering all the important questions to ask during your patient encounter? Then try this Cough Mnemonic for USMLE Step 2 CS.
- Offer Cup of Water or a Tissue if the patient is coughing
- If patient is holding a tissue make sure to ask her to show it to you to see if there is any blood.
- Ask if tried quit smoking in past, if not educate.
- HEENT: Inspect Mouth, Throat, Lymph nodes
- Cardiovascular exam: Auscultation
- Pulmonary exam: Auscultation, Palpation, Percussion, Tactile fremitus
- Abdominal exam: Auscultation, Palpation
- Lung Cancer (with chronic history of smoking)
- Lung abscess
- Atypical pneumonia
- Typical pneumonia
- COPD exacerbation
- Wegener granulomatosis
- Blood culture
- Sputum gram stain, Acid Fast smear,
- Chest X-ray
- Chest CT
- Bronchoscopy, Lung biopsy
Click on the Image below if you are having trouble with your Time Management:
Did you like this Cough mnemonic? Click on the Image below for More USMLE Step 2 CS Mnemonics:
Cough Mnemonic. Best Cough Mnemonic. Cough Mnemonic USMLE step 2 CS.