Having trouble remembering all the important questions to ask during your patient encounter? Then try this Forgetfulness Mnemonic (Dementia) for USMLE Step 2 CS.
- Eye exam: Inspect pupils, Funduscopic exam.
- Neck exam: Carotid Auscultation.
- Neuro exam: Mini-Mental Status Exam, CN (2-12), Motor, Sensory, Gait, DTRs, Romberg sign.
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Vascular “Multi-infarct” dementia
- Pseudodementia (Dementia due to depression)
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Subdural Hematoma
- Electrolytes, Calcium, Glucose, BUN/Cr
- Serum B12, TSH, PRP
- CT of head
- MRI of brain
- If patient does not remember the name of his/her medication, ask for the list of the medication. Patient should have a Paper with the list of medications.
- I would like to ask your permission to speak to your family and ask them a few questions.
- I would like you and your family to meet with our social worker to assess home safety and supervision.
Click on the Image below if you are having trouble with your Time Management:
Did you like this Forgetfulness Mnemonic? Click on the Image below for More USMLE Step 2 CS Mnemonics: