Hearing Loss Mnemonic:
Having trouble remembering all the important questions to ask during your patient encounter? Then try this Hearing loss Mnemonic for USMLE Step 2 CS.
- HEENT: Test hearing by speaking with back turned, Rinne & Weber, Whisper test, Otoscopy, Funduscopic exam,
- CV exam: Auscultation.
- Pulmonary exam: Auscultation.
- Neuro: CN 2-12, Sensation, Motor, DTRs, Cerebellar: Finger to nose, Heel to shin.
- Cochlear N. damage due to loud noise
- Ménière disease
- Ototoxicity (Loops, Antibiotics & Aspirin in the History)
- Brain stem auditory evoked potentials
- VDRL/RPR (r/o Meniere disease)
Click on the Image below if you are having trouble with your Time Management:
Did you like this Hearing loss Mnemonic? Click on the Image below for More USMLE Step 2 CS Mnemonics: